Sunday, November 16, 2014

Don’t Get Bit in the Tank: Shark Tank that is...



I must admit something: Shopping is not my only guilty pleasure. There is another “activity” I love doing almost as much as looking as shiny new product on shelves. I love to watch TV. I think television is fascinating. So fascinating that I even took a college course titled, “Knowing Television”. We spent our classroom days watching and analyzing different TV shows of our choice. 

There is a TV show that combines my love of products and my love of TV. That show ladies and gentleman, is ABC’s masterpiece “Shark Tank”. 

For those of you who are not familiar with the show, it features a set of “sharks” who are actual people in the United States. Each “shark” is a successful entrepreneur that has made millions and even billions of dollars. The sharks are: the infamous Kevin O’Leary, Dallas Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban, real-estate empress, Barbara Corcoran, cyber security mogul, Robert Herjavec, product designer, Lori Greiner, and fashion expert, Daymond John. The idea of the show is, people who have an idea for a business, created a business, invented a product, etc... can present their idea/business to the sharks and ask for money in exchange for equity in their company. It is up to each shark whether or not they wish to invest in that company or not. 

For a shopper and a television lover, shark tank is a dream come true. I am able to watch an exciting show while looking at interesting products that I could buy. 

My personal favorite “Shark Tank” success story is with a product called Urbio. Don’t know about it? Look it up! You wont be disappointed. For those of you who are too lazy to look it up, an Urbio is a magnetic wall piece that allows one to hang plants, supplies, or anything to your wall. It is sheik and useful. I purchased my own Urbio piece after the episode aired. I have an adorable little plant that lives in my Urbio on my college dorm room wall. 

I could go on and on about “Shark Tank” and how much I love it, but I will spare all the readers out there. What I will say, is that “Shark Tank” is ingenious and everyone should be watching it. My parents, who are the exact opposite of me and buy absolutely nothing for themselves, love the show and never miss an episode. 


To all my college shopaholics out there, take a break from studying and online shopping, and go WATCH “SHARK TANK”

Stay tuned for next week's post: "It's All About the Thanks... and Black Friday"

Follow me on instagram and see what I will buy next: @collegeshopaholicgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment